–6 chicken tenderloins
–garlic – herb breadcrumbs (one-third cup, boxed)
–Parmesan cheese (shredded, one-third cup)
–diced tomatoes (canned, 1 can, drain juice)
–sliced red onion (one-half, medium)
–Worcestershire sauce (2 tablespoons, bottled)
–salt and pepper
- – Place one-half cup of dry bowtie pasta in a covered baking dish. Add water to cover. Season with salt and olive oil. Microwave on high for 6 minutes. The microwave on 50 percent power for 8 minutes. When finished, keep covered to preserve warmth.
- – Place Parmesan, tomatoes, red onion, and Worcestershire sauce in a small mixing bowl. Season with olive oil. Stir well.
- – Place sauce in a covered baking dish, and microwave for 3 minutes on high. Then add chicken tenders that have been dipped in garlic – herb breadcrumbs and seasoned with salt, pepper, and a few more drops of olive oil.
- – Microwave the dish for 7 minutes on high. When finished, test a center piece for doneness. If not cooked, return to the microwave for 1 minute more.
- – Serve the chicken and sauce, hot, atop the pasta.
–inspired by C. Mabry, chef.